My Poor Neglected Machine


Here it is, my darling MemoryCraft 9000. I bought this just before Zach died in '98 and I fell in love with the ease of use, the embroidery function, the cards and all the whizz bang feet it came with to create so many different pictures, stitches & seam finishes. With this baby & my Janome overlocker I was in heaven making all the kids clothes with little bits of embroidery & monograms on their clothes... Fast forward a few years to 2000 and the arrival of the twins. Still sewing - a LOT especially with two babies but then those two babies got very mobile and inquisitive and my days of leaving my machine out, uncovered ready to go at a moments notice on my special Horn sewing/overlocker cabinet were over.... When I got a free chance - not very often with four kids as you can imagine (Max at work from 6am 6 days a week with his transport managers job & when he was home he was tired & asleep by 8pm) - she got released from the darkness to be used generally to fix a hem or resew buttons. No more fancy stitching, no more embroidery... Then of course the move to the new house, then 2yrs on another move - even less time to do anything as a single Mum and my baby got relegated to the inside of the cabinet.... Fast forward to Sept 08 and low and behold another new home, a wee 8yr old interested in making things and a mummy itching to teach her!!
MC gets lovingly taken to the fix-it man who oils her, re-tensions her, gives her a clean new look and a new globe (he broke it so no biggie) and she is home again... Out in the light and being used once again.... Gosh it's been along time and I really didn't realise how much I missed sewing and the joy of creating something from some coloured material and cotton.
Watch this space.....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: