More old photos


Collage of pics from January 2008... Went on a bit of a bender with the chainsaw and ended up with all the hibiscus trees hacked to within an inch of their lives but they will be of so lovely this summer. Several horrid scrubby things disappeared and the natives out the front got demolished as well. Already showing signs of joyfulness in Spring with all the lovely green growth and flower buds galore. Birds are loving it too as they are nice and bushy so afford lots of protection from the chicken hawks and crows that are hanging around in abundance lately (DISLIKE CROWS intensely)... I scored some lovely unusual twisted pieces of branches which I hope to use eventually for growing things up. Noticed my creeper that appeared out of nowhere in one of my pots (migrated somehow from Ros's garden but we just can't work out how as I've never put anything from her garden in this particular pot) has sent out new growth (I thought I'd killed it as it went all brown and yack whereas everything else in there is thriving).... So am moving that up stairs on the balcony too and will tie it up & train it over a piece of the branch so it can grow around the railing... Want a jasmine or wisteria or something as pretty as that along there too for perfume in the evenings - will be so nice at night with the window open (once I get the fly screens redone)... At least I have proven that the only way to break into this place now is by smashing a window as the fly screens are funky ones that you actually have to take the window out from inside the house to get in & you have to get past the security locks as well... Good luck with that..... It's tighter than Fort Knox with all the padlocks and double locks around the place!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: