Hockey Windup


Had Meleiha's hockey windup last weekend. As you can see by the clouds looming in the background, it threatened rain most of the day but held off until just as we left the beach at 2.30pm. Had a ball & filled them all up with snags & onion from the bbq & lots of juice. Had an inpromptu game as well which was hilarious in itself as there was no real rules, boundaries and the little kids had a HUGE cone goal area whereas the big kids had about a metre between theirs!! Really hope we can keep the little ones together next year so will keep in touch with G & hope they still have spots on the team for Meleiha next year. India & Mrs A stopped by too as they spotted us from the road!! India recognised her old jacket I was wearing (bit hard not too when it is bright purple with a white design emblazoned over it - a surf brand not sure which!!)
Oh... I did the right thing and voted at the Surf Club while we were there. I will admit to voting for Peter Watson as I do think he does a good job in the district but will admit I also voted 1 for the Nationals in the numbered vote. I really thought it was time for them to put their money where their mouths are & if they can get us back some of the wealth the bush creates - I am happy we gave them a go. Labour hasn't done squat but build infrastructure for the city which have all blown out in budgets or become major eyesores & white elephants!!
Off my soap box now!!

No comments: