Just a quick update

Piggy backing off another connection. Still around... very quiet, not doing too much with my Stampin'Up and with the new rules for Demo's am seriously thinking about dropping but I really like my discount and getting my bits and pieces for nothing!!

Max finally back at work after shutdown and to be honest I am so RELIEVED... Finally have him out of my hair... Has been torture since July, so over the "we are broke, can't spend any money" excuse for everything...but can go and buy a new motorbike for Mstr 8 for a couple of grand!!! Am applying on-line to Kmart & Target and to get a couple of days work so I can have some pin money to get things done around the house...

Neesh wants to do her room so have picked out colours that both she & Leiha like so I can force the issue with converting the garage into her room... Mind you the rate we are going she's going to be at University and not needing it!!

Am hoping to get my "thank you Mr rudd" payment in the next week or so to use on Christmas and a few other bits & pieces... Plan to get a stack of fruit trees and set up an edible garden out the front with a compost tumbler so this time next year hopefully we'll be producing a lot of our own vegies. Grabbed a heap of apples today from market to put through the dehydrator for the kids for school snacks. Figure better than all the other junk they want to eat... Mind you don't buy bars very often rather make stuff for them to eat... Great site for ideas is Simple Savings - their forums are a treasure trove of information and ideas to save some money. Some tips really relate to city dwellers which can be a pain as I have tried so hard to buy items in bulk cheaper than what the supermarkets but in a small country city like ours it is not cheaper to go to wholesalers at all...Even farmgate buying is non-existent... Only way it is cheaper is if you do buy brand name products but for me I buy mostly generic so can't justify the wholesalers prices for brand name products... Biggest problem for me is fruit & vegetables... We go through so much it is not funny!! It's my biggest expense by far...

Well quick update for sure.... Is a lot more to say but it is still freezing cold here - got fire going but there is a bad cold breeze coming from somewhere which is negating what warmth is coming from the fire.... Another thing Mr rudd's payment will be paying for is a ceiling guy to come in and fix the sheets back onto the battens in the roof so I can get insulation put in... Will only be $1200 for insulation which of course, is covered by the rebate but the big expense will be the fixing up first!!

Time to put more wood on.

Til next time

Hugs Jo xoxo

No comments: